Rock Climbing in Camden
Whether you're an experienced rock climber looking to sample the varied terrain in Camden or you're a beginner looking to see different areas and sights from our cliffs, a full day of custom climbing will provide you with an amazing experience.
Welcome to Camden, ME. Less crowded than Acadia, Camden offers impressive climbs at The Ramparts and The Verticals. Looking to ease into your climb? Try starting out at Barrett’s Cove Cliff and see where the day takes you!
This day is yours to customize. Do you have specific objectives in mind? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Your guides will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect day of climbing climb.
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
After your day of customized climbing you’ll
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses...you name it
- 2 liters of water, snacks and lunch
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Daypack large enough to carry water, food and extra layers
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring your usual athletic clothes
Noah Kleiner started climbing in 2006 during an orientation trip at College of the Atlantic. He fell in love with climbing and went on to become a licensed Maine Guide and Single Pitch Instructor as well as an Aspirant Moutain guide. He also has a Wilderness First Responder Certification from SOLO. Noah has been working for three summer seasons as a guide for Atlantic Climbing School. He is a passionate traditional climber and fortunate enough to have had climbing adventures across the country. Remembering all the while, that "the best climber is the one having the most fun"!