4 - 6 people
Welcome to Cooke City, Montana and beautiful Beartooth Mountains. The snowfall is reliable and the options for various objectives are extensive! Did you know that Cooke City gets the most snow in southwest Montana, making it perfect for any winter adventure? Not only is the powder awesome, but we also offer choice lodging with powder just outside your door at the Mount Zimmer Yurt. Come on and check it out!
Beartooth Powder Guides operates and runs this program
Spend a week at the Mount Zimmer Yurt!
Just outside of Cooke City, Montana, the Mt. Zimmer Yurt awaits you and up to five of your friends this winter. The hut is a hidden gem located at an elevation of 9500′ next to Companion Lake, near the Zimmer Creek Wilderness Boundary.
This area is notorious for having copious amounts of POWDER and provides easy access to the heart of the Beartooth Mountains. Day trips from the Yurt include skiing trees and pillow lines right out the front door. Longer ski touring options include peaks such as Mt. Zimmer, Mt. Wilse, Glacier Peak and the mountains surrounding Goose Lake including Sawtooth, Wolf and Fox Peaks.
Here's the some more details about renting out the Yurt
- The Yurt can sleep up to 6 people
Prerequisites for the Yurt
- All groups must have a Group Leader. The Group Leader needs to have completed at least a Level 1 Avalanche Course AND a basic First Aid Course
This trip is fully guided and catered for three days. It also includes first time user orientation
406.838.2097 (office) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to know
Once you book your course, we'll contact you about what else you need to bring
- Full furnishings
- Cooking utensils, coffee making devices and cookware
- 6 mattresses
- Super efficient Pellet stove
- A relaxing atmosphere and amazing views!
- Water is provided by melting snow
All you need to bring is a sleeping bag and a willingness to have a good time! See the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center for avalanche conditions
Transportation to the Yurt
- Your guides offer snowmobile transportation to the Yurt if you don't have your own
- Your guides can help get part or all of your group in, as well as haul gear/food in with our large toboggan. We can also haul gear/trash out on your day of departure
Yurt fine print
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation for all Beartooth Powder Guides reservations. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the activity
- For trips departing within 30 days from the reservation date, guests must pay in full at the time of reservation
- Deposits are non refundable, unless the Yurt can be re-booked for the cancelled days or your position in the class can be filled. Beartooth Powder Guides assess an $80 administrative fee to all refunds
- We factored a 3% resort tax into the price
- A 7% Montana State Accommodations Tax applies to the Yurt
- Sorry, no dogs