Explore Sailing & Backcountry Skiing in Svalbard with IFMGA Guide Rob Coppolillo
EPIC ADVENTURE WEBINAR BY
True Adventure at the Edge of the World
This webinar was presented on Thursday, May 7th. Sign up and watch the recording to get inspired for your next bucket list adventure.
The only way to make an adventure more epic than skiing fjords at the edge of the Arctic Circle is to sail on a 150-foot yacht under the northern lights to get there.
Rob and fellow guide Tom Wolfe lead a week-long skiing and sailing expedition to Svalbard in May 2021. Beginning in Longyearbyen, the northernmost permanently inhabited city on earth, this journey includes island hopping under the 24-hour midnight sun to ski untracked summits, yacht-sailing with a private chef, postcard-perfect scenery and if you are lucky, a polar bear sighting.
Join us for this one-hour story and info session, and hear Rob’s first-hand experience in this magical place. This is the kind of story you don’t want to miss. And let’s face it, we all need to live a little vicariously right now.
WHAT YOU GET IN THIS ONE-HOUR SESSION
ROB'S STORY, WHERE HE'LL COVER:
- Photo and video highlights of his 2019 journey to Svalbard
- Staying as a guest on the 150-foot three-masted schooner, The Noorderlicht, and why boats — sail or otherwise — are key for an adventure like this
- What skiing “Arctic Corn” is like and the ski conditions you can expect
- All the info on gear, logistics, and needed preparations for enjoying Svalbard wilderness
- Self-guided vs. guided trips and the benefits and drawbacks of each
- Other fun stuff to do around Longyearbyen, like dog sledding, visiting a Russian coal mining town, boat and wildlife tours, and a surprisingly bustling nightlife
LIVE Q & A SESSION
Rob will follow up with a live Q&A session, where you can ask him anything you want to know about Svalbard or how you can start planning your own epic adventure. Get free professional advice from a guide with nearly two decades of experience.
YOUR HOST FOR THE HOUR
AMGA/IFMGA MOUNTAIN GUIDE
Rob Coppolillo is an AMGA and IFMGA mountain guide, and the owner of Vetta Mountain Guides. Rob’s one of the first 100 Americans to have earned an international certification with the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations (IFMGA). He’s also a freelance writer who speaks English, Italian and French, and his most recent book, The Ski Guide Manual, will be published by Falcon Guides in November 2020.
Missed the webinar? We’ve got you covered.
Sign up and receive a free recording of the webinar to watch on your own time.