All skill levels welcome
1 – 5 people
from $125 per person
There's amazing oceanside climbing in Acadia
There are plenty of areas to climb with incomparable views in Acadia National Park. Partner with a guide and get the most out of its climbing areas like Precipice, Otter Cliffs, South Bubble, Canada Cliff or Greathead.
Whatever your objective, this course if for you to customize with your guide. Whether you have specific objectives in mind or want to climb the classics. The cliffs at Acadia are great for learning more advanced techniques too. Partner with your certified guide and create your ideal day on the rocks. Your guide will help you plan the perfect climb. Here are just a few of objectives to consider:
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
After a day of climbing, you can count on these things
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Be familiar with protection placement and building anchors
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s a sample itinerary
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at the guide’s recommended location
- 9:30am: Gear up and carpool to the cliffs
- 10:00am: Spend the day learning and rock climbing
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm: Lunch (bring snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm: Continue to learn and climb
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and head home
Need to know
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses… you name it.
What to bring?
- 2 liters of water, snacks and lunch
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Daypack large enough to carry water, food and extra layers
What to wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring your usual athletic clothes (layering is great!)
- Jeans are not recommended
- No sandals