All skill levels welcome
1 – 6 people
The New River Gorge. Thousands of options and miles of cliff line
The New River Gorge is composed of three river gorges: New, Gauley, and Meadow. There are thousands of routes to discover in the area, and the routes attract rock climbers from all over the world. The enormity of routes on offer ensure that no matter your skill level, there will be an objective for you, whether it’s trad, bouldering, sport, cracks or slabs.
While you’re in the area, how about trying Bubba City or Endless Wall? Some prefer to get Four Sheets to the Wind with Party in My Mind! Routes at the New River Gorge can involve a short approach to drop top ropes or a longer approach and with a ladder descent, like into the famous Endless Wall. Your guide can help you experience any aspect of climbing you want!
After your day of customized climbing you’ll
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm to 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
Need to know
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)