1 - 5 people
Are you visiting Acadia, but don't have your gear and you want to to try some of the park's classic climbs? Relax! We'll take care of everything. There are plenty of areas to climb with some views second to none. Partner with our guides and try climbing Precipice, Otter Cliffs, South Bubble, Canada Cliff or Greathead.
This day is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind, climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Our staff and guides will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:00am: Meet your guide at the guide's recommended location
- 8:15am: Gear up and carpool to the cliffs
- 8:30am - 12:30: Spend the day experiencing rock climbing
- 12:30pm: Call it a day and head home!
After your day of customized climbing you will
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
New to rock climbing? Check out the Introduction to Rock Climbing at Acadia class.
Need to know
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses...you name it.
What to bring?
- 2 liters of water, snacks and lunch
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Daypack large enough to carry water, food and extra layers
What to wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring your usual athletic clothes (layering is great!)
- Jeans are not recommended, and no sandals, please