All skill levels welcome
1 – 3 people
from $150 per person
Spend a day climbing Seneca Rocks in West Virginia
Welcome to Seneca Rocks, a renowned climbing destination offering something for every level of climber. Seneca is the tallest 5th class summit on the east coast. The mountain is known for its multi-pitch routes of all difficulties and technical terrain — giving it an alpine feel. Let your guide show you around the mountain so you can have a big day of classic climbs or learn the basics.
Spend the day climbing and working on whatever skills you want, from beginner to advanced. Do you have had specific objectives? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with your guide to plan the perfect day on the crags
Here are some objectives to consider
- Get started with Critter Crack and move to Candy Corner. Later feel The Burn due to all the Climbin’ Punishment you’ve treated yourself to
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s a typical schedule for a day of climbing
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm to 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
Need to know
Where are we meeting?
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)