All skill levels welcome
1 – 8 people
Climb in the beautiful, rugged desert landscape in Joshua Tree
The park is the largest guided rock climbing venue in America and the terrain is plentiful and varied. There are tons of bouldering opportunities, exceptional single-pitch, and plenty of multi-pitch objectives too. The park is also climbable throughout the year and sees rock climbers from around the world making the trip to cross it off their bucket lists. Climbers will find cracks, edging faces, handhold laden walls of all angles, smooth slabs, chimneys, and roofs.
Spend a day rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park. Your way
This day is yours to customize. Whether you have specific objectives in mind or want to focus on certain aspects of your technique, partner with your guide and create an ideal day on the rocks. Your guide will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
Here’s just a few of the objectives you can choose to work on
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
Things you need to know
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses… you name it.
What should you bring?
- Water (2 liters or more per person for a full day)
- Personal medications
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the forecast including a wind layer
- Long lightweight pants are preferred to protect legs
- Sun hat