1 – 14 people
$6,240 per person
Read Rob and Tom’s trip review to Svalbard in 2019
Backcountry skiing at the edge of the Arctic Circle!
Get ready for wandering polar bears, untracked summits jutting into the cobalt sky, and 1000m corn runs that end in the deep-blue sea — Svalbard rewards the adventure skier with a surprise every day. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime destination, especially on a ski & sail expedition.
Guests will arrive in the village of Longyearbyen via a short flight from Oslo. Even sitting at 79 degrees north at the edge of the Arctic Circle, Longyearbyen offers excellent restaurants, beautiful shops, and hidden nightlife. Just outside of town, dog teams take intrepid tourists onto the ice, where Arctic fox hunt mice and polar bears try to surprise the sleeping seals. Committed ski-tourers will find beautiful runs within sight of town, under 24 hours of daylight. Ski and ride in confidence with fully certified IFMGA mountain guides Tom Wolfe and Rob Coppolillo.
Svalbard Ski and Sail logistics
On the afternoon of May 9, 2020, Rob and Tom, their guests, the boat crew, and chef will board the 150-foot Noorderlicht, a two-masted gaff-rigged sailing yacht. Captain Floriss and his crew know which fjords offer sensational skiing, how to get there, where to anchor, and how to show the gang a good time. You’ll be in good hands!
This year’s trip starts in Longyearbyen on Svalbard, which is the largest city on the Norwegian archipelago. There are daily flights to Longyearbyen from Oslo, Norway, but we encourage you to book early. Norwegian Air flies from Oslo, while SAS arrives from Stockholm.
May 2-9, 2020SOLD OUT!!!
- May 9-16, 2020, is still available with optional pre-sail ski touring from May 6-9
- Price: $6,240 USD/person (Currently $7,895 CAD / €5,448 / £4,660)
- Pre-sail bonus: Add $743 USD/person for additional days of touring from May 6-9, 2020 (Currently $800 CAD / €664 / £568). Zero-rated tax (no GST)
- Deposit: 50% payment secures your booking. Full payment due February 1, 2020
Need to know
What to expect
- Included: 7 night yacht rental with crew, harbour fees, and permit fees; breakfast and multi-course dinners on board; UIAGM / IFMGA mountain guides
- Pre-trip extension includes: 3 additional days of town based ski touring and excursions, 3x Hotel B&B in Longyearbyen. Please note there is no cost for the extension – just come ski with us and acclimate!
- Not included: Air travel, alcoholic beverages, lunches and dinners in Longyearbyen, and the hotel in Oslo en route