1 - 14 people
Late spring, 2020
Read about Rob and Tom's trip to Svalbard in 2019
Backcountry skiing at the edge of the Arctic Circle!
Wandering polar bears, untracked summits jutting into the cobalt sky, 1000m corn runs that end in the deep-blue sea - Svalbard rewards the adventure skier with a surprise every day. It really is a once-in-a-lifetime destination, especially on a ski & sail expedition.
Guests arrive in the village of Longyearbyen, a short flight from Oslo. Despite sitting at 79 degrees north, Longyearbyen offers delicious restaurants, beautiful shops, and hidden nightlife. Just outside of town, dog teams take intrepid tourists onto the ice, where Arctic fox hunt mice and polar bears try to surprise the sleeping seals. Committed ski-tourers will find beautiful runs within sight of town, under 24 hours of daylight. Ski and ride in confidence with fully certified IFMGA mountain guides Tom Wolfe and Rob Coppolillo.
Plan your trip early and get extra days of touring
Book early, before September 1, 2019, and you can take advantage of three additional days of lodging and guided touring from Longyearbyen - at no additional cost! This gives guests a great chance to overcome jet lag, ease into the scene, do a little shopping, and get ready to board the boat.
On the afternoon of May 2, Rob and Tom, their guests, the boat crew, and chef will board the 150-foot Noorderlicht, a two-masted gaff-rigged sailing yacht. Captain Floriss and his crew know which fjords offer sensational skiing, how to get there, where to anchor, and how to show the gang a good time. You’ll be in good hands!
Svalbard Ski and Sail logistics and dates
- This year's Ski & Sail - Svalbard trip starts in Longyearbyen on Svalbard. There are ample flights daily to Longyearbyen from Oslo, Norway, but we encourage you to book early. Norwegian Air flies from Oslo, while SAS arrives from Stockholm.
May 2-9, 2020SOLD OUT!!!
- May 9-16, 2020 is still available
- Price: $6,240 USD/person (Currently $7,895 CAD / €5,448 / £4,660)
- Pre-sail early sign-up bonus: Complete your registration before September 1, 2019 and join our pre-sail ski touring out of Longyearbyen City for no additional cost! After this add $743 USD/person (Currently $743 CAD / €664 / £568). Zero-rated tax (no GST)
- Deposit: 50% payment secures your booking. Full payment due February 1, 2020
Need to know
What to expect
- Included: 7 night yacht rental with crew, harbour fees, and permit fees; breakfast and multi-course dinners on board; UIAGM / IFMGA mountain guides.
- Pre-trip extension includes: 3 additional days of town based ski touring and excursions, 3x Hotel B&B in Longyearbyen. Please note there is no cost for the extension - just come ski with us and acclimate!
- Not included: Air travel, alcoholic beverages, lunches and dinners in Longyearbyen, and the hotel in Oslo en route.