Top three reasons to go hiking in Moab
Explore two bucket-list national parks in a single hiking tour
Discover the most unique and diverse rock formations in the world
Add a touch of luxury to the wilderness by spending your nights in lavish yurts
Boasting access to two different national parks, Moab is Utah’s hiking heaven. The area houses what may just be the largest concentration of natural arches, spires, windows, and strange rock formations in the world, all of which are most prominent in the Arches and Canyonlands national parks. Arches National Park is home to over 2,000 of its namesakes, magnificent natural stone arches, which are displayed in all their glory on scenic short hikes like The Windows and Balanced Rock. Canyonlands National Park, on the other hand, hides some of the finest panoramic vistas of the area, with deep sandstone canyons and epic plateaus like Island in the Sky. Combine the two, and you get a varied and engaging desert hike sure to satisfy your inner Bedouin!
Salt Lake City, UT, is 4 hours away from Moab
Intermediate to advanced
Book this adventure
Hiking and Glamping in Moab’s Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
Discover Moab’s diverse desert landscapes on this four-day hiking and glamping tour! Explore the highlights of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks on Moab’s most iconic hikes along deep canyons, epic arches, and spectacular rock formations. Spend your time off the trails in luxury, as you lounge in glamorous yurts and eat great food under Utah’s open skies!
Day 1: Salt Lake City to Moab
Meet your host at Salt Lake City Airport, jump in the van, and hit the road to Moab. After a quick stop in town for lunch, check into your yurt. Following a short break, meet the group to head out on a sunset warm-up hike to get your first taste of Moab! In the evening, enjoy dinner with your group while your guide gives you a rundown of the big hike tomorrow. Don’t forget the check out the stars before bed!
Meals included: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Arches National Park
Beat the sun and head straight into Arches National Park, named after the 2000+ natural stone arches scattered throughout. Enjoy a series of short hikes along different trails, and discover a wide variety of incredible rock formations. Pay a visit to the one and only Delicate Arch, the iconic arch that adorns Utah’s license plates. Your hikes will be set against a postcard-worthy southwestern backdrop of bright red rock against the deep blue sky.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Canyonlands National Park
After a filling breakfast, head over to Canyonlands National Park. Watch the sun rise over the canyon before tackling one of the park’s most beautiful and diverse trails—the Chesler Park trail. It’s a challenge, but you’ll be rewarded with amazing panoramic views of the soaring Canyonlands. The trail progresses from grasslands to sand dunes, then to slick rock, and wraps up among epic slot canyons! End the night by meeting the sunset at Dead Horse Point.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Day 4: Canyonlands Island in the Sky, Departure
After a chill breakfast, enjoy a short tour of Island in the Sky, an epic sandstone mesa in the Canyonlands at an elevation of 1,000 feet (300 m). Afterwards, your host will take you back to Salt Lake City in time for your flight home.
Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
Meet your guide
Good Trip Adventures
Planning with Good Trip was a breeze. Communication leading up to my hike was great and my tour was completely customized to what I was looking for. Amy was great during and the staff went out of their way to accommodate me.
Such thorough, safe planning! Real pros and really fun! Can’t recommend them highly enough!
Well thought out and fun trips with Good Trip! I can’t recommend them enough. Good Trip Adventures will take your vacation to the next level!
Get complete checklist for hiking and camping equipment.
Things to know
Covid measures in Moab, Utah
57hours is committed to providing safe outdoor adventure experiences. We require all guides using our platform to have a COVID-19 safety plan and to make the details of that plan accessible to travelers. In most cases, group sizes will be reduced, guides will avoid overcrowded locations, and other safety measures will be met depending on the location and activity.
We also expect clients to respect local regulations and take measures to protect themselves, their guides, and the communities they’re traveling to. For more information on COVID-19 measures in Moab, UT, please refer to the US Government’s COVID-19 travel restrictions and Utah’s COVID-19 travel guidelines.
Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information. We are happy to provide you with the most up-to-date information!
What you get on this adventure:
- A seasoned naturalist hiking guide with extensive knowledge of the area
- Four days of hiking
- Transportation from Salt Lake City to Moab and back
- Transportation for the duration of the tour
- Yurt accommodations for the duration of the tour
- All meals included in the itinerary
- Group camping equipment
- Park entry fees
What’s not included:
- Transportation to Salt Lake City
- Personal hiking and camping gear
- Meals not included in the itinerary
How fit do I need to be?
This hike is suitable for people with decent physical fitness and prior hiking experience. You will be hiking for 3-6 hours a day for 4 days, on varied terrain with a certain level of elevation change. Keep in mind, the weather in Moab can be very hot and you’ll also be packing a daypack filled with water and other things you’ll need throughout the day. If you’re new to hiking, why not try this beginner-friendly hiking trip in Bryce Canyon?
What do I need to bring?
Here’s a list of the equipment you need to bring:
- Day pack large enough to carry all the items listed (around a 15-30L bag)
- Pack cover
- Hiking poles — optional
- Reusable water bottles or hydration bladders (3L capacity)
- Hiking boots
- Sandals or camp shoes
- Spare clothes for layering
- Warm jacket
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Breathable wicking base layers
- Lightweight hiking pants
- Warm hat and brimmed sunhat
- Buff or neck scarf — optional
- Biodegradable and scent-free toiletries (sunscreen, hand sanitizer, bug spray, etc.)
- Small first aid kit and blister kit — optional
- Sleeping bag (available to rent from your guide for $50)
- Camera — optional (but recommended)
Dress comfortably and for the weather in clothes you can move in. We suggest bringing clothing appropriate for the season.
Group sizes and age requirements
Group sizes and prices:
- For this adventure, the usual client-to-guide ratio is 8:1.
- It takes a minimum of 4 people for a tour to operate. The cost does not decrease as the group grows.
Hiking in Moab can be arranged for larger groups. Contact us to make arrangements.
Min. age requirements:
- If you are older than 18, you’re good to go.
- Minors younger than 18 are only permitted to join private hikes. They must be in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.
If your group has hikers under the age of 18, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
Deposits and cancellation policy
A 35% deposit to secure your place is due upon booking. The remaining amount is paid 3 months (90 days) prior to departure. Once the trip is confirmed by the guide, the cancellation policy stated below applies.
- For cancellations thirty (30) calendar days in advance, the Client is entitled to a refund in the amount of eighty percent (80%) of the total amount paid when Booking.
- After that deadline, the Client is not entitled to any refund. Any reimbursable expenses arising out of the Booking incurred by Guide prior to the date of cancellation (including but not limited to plane tickets, car rental payments, and lodging or transportation fees) are non-refundable as soon as they are incurred by the Guide.
Getting there and meeting location
To start your tour, fly into Salt Lake City International Airport, where you’ll be meeting your guide at around 9:30 am. They will then transfer you to Moab.
Alternatively, you can arrive at Salt Lake City, UT, a day earlier and arrange for pickup at your accommodation there.