$360 for 1:1
1 - 3 people
What's not to love about Red Rock? There's great weather, awesome sandstone, thousands of routes and it's really, really close to Las Vegas. Treat yourself and go to Nevada and climb at Red Rock. Hit the crags before you hit the slots!
This program is yours to customize. You can choose to climb some of the Gunks’ iconic routes, or opt to focus on developing and refining specific techniques. Whatever you decide, a great day awaits you in Nevada.
- Get warmed up at the Classic Corner before bursting into Jubilant Song. It's also good to be aware of Tunnel Vision before crawling out the the Dark Shadows.
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
New to Rock climbing? Check out Introduction to Rock Climbing at Red Rock.
After your day of customized climbing you’ll
- Be more comfortable climbing outdoors
- Be able to place protection and build anchors
- Become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette at the Red Rock
- Feel comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here's a typical day of climbing
- 8:30am: Meet your guide and the guide's recommended location
- 9:30am: Gear up and carpool to the cliffs
- 10:00am: Climb!
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (bring snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:00pm - Continue to learn and climb even more!
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and head to the casinos...
Need to know
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses...you name it.
What to bring?
- 2 liters of water, snacks and lunch
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Daypack large enough to carry water, food and extra layers
What to wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring your usual athletic clothes