Host will cover:
- Why the Milford Track is one of the best hikes in the world
- How to prepare for the challenges on the trek
- Why reservations are hard to come by and how to guarantee your spot
- Picking the right season for your hiking adventure
- Tips on getting there and handling New Zealand’s tricky weather
- Some epic photos to get you hyped for the journey
Winding through the lush heart of Fiordland National Park, the Milford Track tells the story of New Zealand over four days and 53 kilometers.
Along this astonishing trek, dense rainforests give way to vibrant carpets of ferns, moss and lichen; howling winds sway the hangbridges suspended over glacier-carved valleys; and rocky mountain passes snake their way under the jagged peaks of Mount Hart and Mount Balloon.
The trail is adorned by crystal-clear alpine lakes, unrelenting rapids, and the misty breath of Sutherland Falls. But the ultimate highlight is Milford Sound, nicknamed the Eighth Wonder of the World. Draped in a myriad of silken waterfalls, the sharp walls of this ancient fjord create a magical setting unlike anything else in the world.
In this one-hour session, you’ll learn everything you need to know about hiking the dramatic landscapes of New Zealand—from fitness requirements and pre-hike prep to tips on securing your spot (which can be hard to come by).
Your host will be announced at a later date, but don’t worry—you’ll be in the hands of a seasoned and enthusiastic local guide.
Your host will follow up with a live Q&A session, where you can ask them anything you want to know about hiking the Milford Track.