1 - 6 people
Spend a day climbing Seneca Rocks!
Welcome to Seneca Rocks - a renowned climbing destination that offers something for everyone. Seneca is the tallest 5th class summit on the East Coast. The mountain is known for its multi-pitch routes of all difficulties and technical terrain, giving it an alpine feel. Let us show you around the mountain for the first time and accomplish a big day of classic climbs, or teach you the skills to take your climbing to the next level.
This program is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind or want to climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Our staff and guides will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
- Get started with Critter Crack and move to Candy Corner. Later feel The Burn due to all the Climbin' Punishment you've treated yourself to
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
After your day of customized rock climbing you will
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s a typical schedule for a day of climbing
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm - 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
New to rock climbing? Check out the Introduction to Rock Climbing at Seneca Rocks class.
Need to know
Where are we meeting?
What is included
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)
Why book through 57hours?
We’re an adventure loving, rock climbing, tech company that loves all things outdoors-y. Why spend days looking for the right guide and adrenaline rush, when we can (and already did) do it for you? Want a serious guide for a challenging climb? We know a bunch. How about a guide to show you around the Alps? Check. Maybe your kids want to climb and won’t stop going on about it until you book them a trip. Yes, we know guides who are great for beginners, too. Oh, yeah, every guide we know prioritizes SAFETY and FUN. Book with 57hours, we’ve done your work for you. You’re welcome.