1 – 2 people
$1000 per person
Looking for a challenge this winter? Do you have plenty of resort experience and feel equally comfortable in the backcountry? Book this course based out of Wasatch and take your backcountry and mountaineering skills to another level. Of course, there’ll be plenty of powder to ski too!
Why is this backcountry skiing course for me?
Advanced skiers need a specific skillset to keep them safe and moving in steep and technical terrain. This backcountry skiing course focuses on just that. You and your guide will operate from an overnight basecamp in the Wasatch alpine where you’ll develop and fine-tune your backcountry skillset!
What kinds of skills will you work on?
- Making an ascent complex terrain
- How to use rope for belay and rappel in an alpine setting
- Crampon and ice axe use and self arrest
- Downhill movement and management skills in steep terrain
- Introduction to glacier travel and crevasse rescue
- Winter camping
- Gear considerations
- How to plan appropriate objectives
- Due to the rigorous demands of this program, all participants must be advanced or expert skiers/snowboarders
- Each participant must have Avalanche Level 1 certification
Trip Duration: 3 days
Minimum Group Size: 1
Student/Instructor Ratio: 2:1
Need to know
We’ll contact you with an equipment list and answer any questions you have about your trip