1 - 5 people
Welcome to Utah! The Wasatch Mountains provide and excellent backdrop for outdoor adventures. The elevation is choice, the snowfall is plentiful and our guides are ready to introduce you to all Utah and the backcountry have to offer.
Say goodbye to lift lines and crowds and let us guide you through untracked, backcountry powder and teach you about ski touring. With fewer crowds and thousands of vertical feet to explore, your winter months just got more exciting! Learn what it takes to make it up the slope and how to make the right decisions when going back down.
What you'll learn
- How to prepare and plan for a tour
- What to wear and what to bring
- How to understand an avalanche forecast
- How to identify avalanche terrain
- The basics of route selection/terrain features
- Basic skinning techniques and setting skin tracks
- How to be efficient with transitions to and from uphill-downhill
- Introduction to avalanche safety equipment and rescue
After this class you'll
- Be more confident and comfortable with your knowledge and understanding of the backcountry
- Have skied in some beautiful, gorgeous powder
- Be ready to try the next step, like preparing your own backcountry trip
- Never want to wait for a lift line again
Prerequisites for backcountry skiing
All participants need to be competent and comfortable skiers on variable packed snow and untouched terrain. The skiing is a ton of fun, but it demands some experience.
Need to know
We'll contact you with an equipment list and answer any questions you have about your trip