All levels of climber welcome!
1 - 4 people / private classes available
from $450 per person
You can climb year round, but spring and autumn are ideal
In central Oregon's High Desert is Smith Rock State Park, considered by as the birthplace of American sport climbing. But if sport climbing isn't your jam the area also has trad climbing, multi-pitch climbing and bouldering too. The area's volcanic composition of basalt and tuff are what keep climbers of all abilities coming back for more. The park is also home to America's first climb rated at 5.14, Scarface.
Because of Smith Rock's mecca-status for climbers, the area has seen tons of development since the 1960s, with more and more work put in establishing new routes over the ensuing decades. So while you could plan trip after trip climbing the classics, keep in mind that the Smith Rock has over 1,500 routes...and this is your perfect chance to explore what the area has to offer.
So, are you an experienced climber looking to climb as many routes as possible during your trip? What kind of objective are you looking for during your adventure at Smith Rock?
Spend a day rock climbing. Your way.
This day is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind, climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Your guide will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect day of climbing.
Here's just a few of the things you could choose to work on
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
Need to know
What to bring?
- Water (2 liters or more per person for a full day)
- Personal medications
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the forecast including a wind layer
- Long lightweight pants are preferred to protect legs
- Sun hat
- Rope and climbing protection
What's not included?
- Helmet, harness, and carabiners for personal use
- Rescue incurance
- Travel insurance