1 – 6 people
from $120 per person
June Mountain is back. Time to hit the backcountry
Go off-piste and discover June Mountain! Bring your friends and get ready to get some serious backcountry downhill this winter.
Most skiers know June Mountain for its low angle groomers and family-friendly terrain. However, just a short distance away there’s some of the best lift-accessed backcountry terrain in the West.
- Get access to the San Joaquin Ridge, the Negatives, Fern Creek, Carson Peak, Devil’s Slide, Four Seasons, and more using the resort ski lifts!
- Your guides exclusively partner with June Mountain to offer backcountry skiing from our on-mountain Backcountry Ski Center using the lifts of the resort! Nobody knows the June Mountain backcountry like Sierra Mountain Guides, and we will find you the goods
- Conditions permitting, you can enjoy 5,000 feet of backcountry vertical downhill for only a little more than 2,000 feet of climbing. Not bad, right?
When is June Mountain available to ski?
Backcountry skiing in June Mountain is available on a daily basis from late fall until early spring.
Things you need to know
- All guiding fees
- Your guide will provide avalanche rescue gear for you to use (beacon , shovel, & probe)
- Discounted lift passes are available
What's not included?
- AT skis and boots, splitboards and avalanche equipment are all available to rent. Let your guide know!