This one-day course is intended to be taken on a regular basis to maintain awareness of the best practices, rescue techniques and optimal gear for avalanche situations. Whether you’re a total beginner or an AIARE 1 or 2 Avalanche Course graduate, the AIARE Avalanche Rescue course is for you. The goals of the course are as follows:
- Train backcountry travelers in Avalanche Rescue skills
- Increase the likelihood of survival in an avalanche
- Emphasize that education and avoiding getting caught in an avalanche is the best plan; rescue is a backup in case everything goes wrong.
- Provide skills, practice methods for proficiency at the Avalanche Rescue standard
- Promote a culture of routine avalanche rescue practice and attendance of an Avalanche
- Rescue course every two years