Attain new knowledge on avalanches, develop your techniques and learn how to perform rescue in case of an incident, with opportunities to cover more advanced techniques. Learn how to employ probing on a line with a partner to reduce search times and how to recognize challenges associated with deep burials. Your professional AIARE certified instructor will explain all the necessary equipment and set up a realistic scenario in order to practice quick and effective avalanche rescue response!
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. We recommend that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the student should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers
- Develop a plan for continued practice
All students will have the opportunity to get feedback from an instructor on their rescue
skills and timed practice with a realistic scenario.
Students who have previously taken an AIARE 1 or an Avalanche Rescue Course will
find value in having a professional help them set up a realistic scenario, practice skills in
a realistic setting, receive feedback from an instructor, keep up with current best
practices, and have an opportunity to practice advanced rescue skills.