Join a week-long rock climbing adventure on the scenic Costa Blanca, famous for well-maintained sport climbing crags, laid-back Mediterranean atmosphere, and a vibrant climbing community. Enjoy 6 days of personalized climbing with expert guidance and meet incredible new people. Stay in a private house in the quaint town of Abdet, enjoy meals prepared by a private chef and, when you’re not climbing, spend every moment exploring nearby towns, hanging out with fellow climbers or soaking in the sunshine by azure waters!
Arrive at your accommodation in Abdet, meet your guide and fellow climbers, and go over the plans for the next week. You’ll get a chance to talk at length about your preferences, current experience, and about what you wish to accomplish. Get to meet your squad in the evening by going somewhere for dinner or hanging out on the terrace of your private accommodation.
Accommodation: Private house in Abdet
Your days will begin with a hearty breakfast prepared by a private chef, followed by a briefing about where you’ll go and what you’ll cover during the day. The objectives may differ for different people in your group and you may split during the day and there is no fixed itinerary for the week—everything is customizable! During climbing days, you’ll be provided with delicious packed lunches. You’ll also be able to take a rest day or climb for a shorter period of time on any day. There will also be an option to climb in the nearby mountains and even camp somewhere for a night (discuss this with your guide prior to the trip). In the evenings you’ll be able to explore nearby cities and towns (like Alicante, Villajoyosa, Altea, or Benidorm) or simply hang out on the terrace or take some time for yourself.
Meals: Breakfast and lunch
Accommodation: Private house in Abdet
After breakfast, your adventure has come to an end. Say goodbye to your guide, fellow climbers, chef Yessica, and to Spain—or continue touring on your own!
What you get on this adventure:
- An experienced, local rock climbing guide with extensive knowledge of the area
- 6 full days of rock climbing according to your interests and fitness level
- Breakfasts and packed lunches prepared by a chef
- Accommodation in a private house based on double occupancy (6 nights)
- Public liability insurance
What’s not included:
- Transportation to and from Abdet
- Local transportation
- Climbing equipment
- Personal climbing and travel insurance
- Guide gratuities — optional
This Costa Blanca guided rock climbing tour is suitable for intermediate and advanced rock climbers with a good level of fitness. You should be a fairly self-reliant climber since this Costa Blanca guided adventure is not aimed to teach you the basics. At the minimum, you should have strong indoor experience and having some outdoor climbing experience is preferred. You will decide on specific routes together with your guide and fellow climbers based on your preferences and fitness level. There are thousands of routes for different styles and ability levels on the Costa Blanca and there will be something for everyone—whether you simply want to build your confidence at outdoor crags or hone in on some advanced skills.
You will be climbing for six full days, but you will always have an option to take a rest day or shorten your climbing. Keep in mind that your guide will observe your technique, make informed suggestions on how to improve your movements and which route to pursue. They will give their best to push you to do your maximum, while avoiding burnouts and keeping you safe.
If you’re looking for rock climbing adventures boasting similar Mediterranean landscapes, but are also suitable for beginners, check out this sailing and rock climbing tour in Sardinia, sailing and rock climbing tour on the Croatian coast, or sailing and rock climbing tour on Kalymnos.
For technical rock climbing equipment, we suggest you bring:
- Harness with a locking carabiner, belay device, and chalk bag
- Rock shoes
- Climbing hardware (quickdraws, cam devices, stoppers, etc.)
Here’s a list of other equipment and clothes we suggest you bring:
- Haul bag
- Day pack (20-30L bag)
- Athletic clothes suitable for climbing in warm weather
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (sunscreen, bug spray, toilet paper, etc.)
- Casual clothes to wear when you’re not climbing
- Camera — optional
The October weather on the Costa Blanca is usually warm with mild night temperatures (averages between 14 and 24 °C / 57-75 °F). Most seasons, there’s very little rain in October on the Costa Blanca (2 rainy days on average). However, you should be prepared for cool and wet weather. You’ll get a chance to discuss gear and clothing with your guide prior to the trip.
The base during your Costa Blanca rock climbing adventure will be a spacious house in Abdet equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay—including a terrace (for making the most out of those balmy Spanish evenings!) On top of that, the accommodation comes complete with home cooked breakfasts and lunches prepared by an extraordinary chef Yessica. The type of room you get will depend on whether you come alone or with people that you know, but most of them are either double or twin rooms. When it comes to food restrictions or preferences, everything can be easily accommodated—just let your guide know in advance!
Group sizes and prices:
- For this group adventure, the group size is between 6 and 12.
- It takes a minimum of 6 people for this tour to operate.
- The cost does not decrease as the group grows.
Rock climbing on the Costa Blanca can be arranged for larger and for private groups with custom dates. Contact us to make arrangements.
Min. age requirements:
- If you are older than 18, you’re good to go.
- Minors younger than 18 may be permitted to join the hike on a case-by-case basis, but must be in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.
If your group has climbers under the age of 18, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
A 30% deposit to secure your place is due upon booking. The remaining amount is paid 3 months (90 days) prior to departure. Once the trip is confirmed by the guide, the cancellation policy stated below applies.
- If Client cancels the Booking anytime prior to one hundred twenty (120) calendar days in advance of the trip contemplated by the booking, Client is entitled to a full refund.
- For cancellations ninety (90) to one hundred nineteen (119) calendar days in advance, Client is entitled to a refund in the amount of fifty percent (50%) of the total amount paid when Booking.
- For cancellations seventy-five (75) to eighty nine (89) calendar days in advance, Client is entitled to a refund in the amount of twenty-five percent (25%) of the total amount paid when Booking.
- After that deadline, Client is not entitled to any refund. Any reimbursable expenses arising out of the Booking incurred by Guide prior to the date of cancellation (including but not limited to plane tickets, car rental payments, and lodging or transportation fees) are non-refundable as soon as they are incurred by the Guide.
To get to Abdet, where you’ll be based, most people fly into Valencia Airport, which is 2 hours away. From there, we suggest you rent a car or take a bus ride to Cocentaina and then a taxi to your accommodation.
Once you and your Costa Blanca rock climbing guide agree on the details of your itinerary, they will give you the address and suggest the best time to meet. Prior to your Costa Blanca guided rock climbing trip, you’ll also get a chance to discuss the best way to arrive to Abdet depending on where you’re coming from.
57hours is committed to providing safe outdoor adventure experiences. We require all guides using our platform to have a COVID-19 safety plan and to make the details of that plan accessible to travelers. In most cases, group sizes will be reduced, guides will avoid overcrowded locations, and other safety measures will be met depending on the location and activity.
We also expect clients to respect local regulations and take measures to protect themselves, their guides, and the communities they’re traveling to. For more information on COVID-19 measures on the Costa Blanca, Spain, please refer to requirements for travel to Spain.
Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information. We are happy to provide you with the most up-to-date information!