Discover Moab’s diverse desert landscapes on this four-day hiking and glamping tour! Explore the highlights of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks on Moab’s most iconic hikes along deep canyons, epic arches, and spectacular rock formations. Spend your time off the trails in luxury, as you lounge in glamorous yurts and eat great food under Utah’s open skies!
Meet your host at Salt Lake City Airport, jump in the van, and hit the road to Moab. After a quick stop in town for lunch, check into your yurt. Following a short break, meet the group to head out on a sunset warm-up hike to get your first taste of Moab! In the evening, enjoy dinner with your group while your guide gives you a rundown of the big hike tomorrow. Don’t forget the check out the stars before bed!
Meals included: Lunch and dinner
Beat the sun and head straight into Arches National Park, named after the 2000+ natural stone arches scattered throughout. Enjoy a series of short hikes along different trails, and discover a wide variety of incredible rock formations. Pay a visit to the one and only Delicate Arch, the iconic arch that adorns Utah’s license plates. Your hikes will be set against a postcard-worthy southwestern backdrop of bright red rock against the deep blue sky.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
After a filling breakfast, head over to Canyonlands National Park. Watch the sun rise over the canyon before tackling one of the park’s most beautiful and diverse trails—the Chesler Park trail. It’s a challenge, but you’ll be rewarded with amazing panoramic views of the soaring Canyonlands. The trail progresses from grasslands to sand dunes, then to slick rock, and wraps up among epic slot canyons! End the night by meeting the sunset at Dead Horse Point.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
After a chill breakfast, enjoy a short tour of Island in the Sky, an epic sandstone mesa in the Canyonlands at an elevation of 1,000 feet (300 m). Afterwards, your host will take you back to Salt Lake City in time for your flight home.
Meals included: Breakfast and lunch
What you get on this adventure:
- Seasoned naturalist, medically-trained hiking guide with extensive knowledge of the area
- Four days of hiking
- Transportation from Salt Lake City to Moab and back
- Yurt accommodations for the duration of the tour with double or triple occupancy (3 nights glamping in Dead Horse Point State Park)
- All meals (detailed in the itinerary)
- Group camping equipment & yurt bed
- Park entry fees
What’s not included:
- Transportation to Salt Lake City
- Personal hiking and camping gear
- Sleeping bag — available to rent at an additional cost
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Guide gratuities — optional
This hike is suitable for people with decent physical fitness and prior hiking experience. You will be hiking for 3-6 hours a day for 4 days, on varied terrain with a certain level of elevation change. Keep in mind, the weather in Moab can be very hot and you’ll also be packing a daypack filled with water and other things you’ll need throughout the day. If you’re new to hiking, why not try this beginner-friendly hiking trip in Bryce Canyon?
Here’s a list of the equipment you need to bring:
- Day pack large enough to carry all the items listed (around a 15-30L bag)
- Sleeping bag — available to rent
- Pack cover
- Hiking poles — optional
- Reusable water bottles or hydration bladders (3L capacity)
- Hiking boots
- Sandals or camp shoes
- Spare clothes for layering
- Warm jacket
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Breathable wicking base layers
- Lightweight hiking pants
- Warm hat and brimmed sunhat
- Buff or neck scarf — optional
- Biodegradable and scent-free toiletries (sunscreen, hand sanitizer, bug spray, etc.)
- Small first aid kit and blister kit — optional
- Sleeping bag (available to rent from your guide for $50)
- Camera — optional (but recommended)
Dress comfortably and for the weather in clothes you can move in. We suggest bringing clothing appropriate for the season.
Group sizes and prices:
- This is a group tour. Solo hikers are welcome to join!
- For this adventure, the usual client-to-guide ratio is 5:1 with 9 people per group.
- It takes a minimum of 6 people for the tour to operate. The cost does not decrease as the group grows.
- Pricing is based on double occupancy accommodations.
Hiking in Moab can be arranged for larger groups. Contact us to make arrangements.
Min. age requirements:
- If you are older than 18, you’re good to go.
- Minors younger than 18 are only permitted to join private hikes. They must be in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.
If your group has hikers under the age of 18, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
To start your tour, fly into Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), where you’ll be meeting your guide at around 9:30 am. Please arrive by 10:00 am at the latest. Your guides will then transfer you to Moab. Alternatively, you can arrive at Salt Lake City, UT, a day earlier and arrange for pickup at your accommodation there.
The trips ends back at Salt Lake City International Airport at around 6 pm on Day 4. If you’re flying out that day, please book a flight that leaves after 7:30 pm to ensure you have enough time to check in. You can also be dropped at your accommodation in Salt Lake City if you’d like.
We highly recommend that you cover all your bases with both emergency medical and travel insurance.
With medical insurance, if you have an accident or medical emergency on or off the mountain, you’ll avoid paying out of pocket for costly expenses. This covers everything from hospital treatments to emergency air transportation and more. Travel insurance covers canceled flights, natural disasters and other scenarios that may interrupt your travel plans.
We also expect you to respect local regulations and take measures to protect yourselves, your guides, and the communities you’re traveling to.
If you need assistance selecting the right insurance for your group, let us know and we will be happy to help!