The majesty of the Grand Canyon is best experienced through guided hikes. The trails here range from 3 to 6 miles and offer plenty of photo opportunities that will leave you in awe. Stop for a wholesome and delicious lunch and enjoy the view over the Canyon. If you wish to experience all the best sightseeing spots, join an expert guide that will plan out a safe day of hiking and take you to the most amazing places in the area. All you’ll need to do is put on your hiking boots, and enjoy one of the best hiking tours in the Grand Canyon!
What you get on this adventure:
- An experienced, local hiking guide with extensive knowledge of the area
- A full day of guided hiking
- Water and picnic lunch
- All necessary high-quality gear (backpacks, trekking poles, etc.)
- Permits and entrance fees
What’s not included:
There are hiking and backpacking tours in the Grand Canyon to suit all skill and fitness levels, so even if you’re not an experienced hiker, there’s a trail for you. Your guides will help you choose the optimal terrain, and have the best possible hiking experience in the Grand Canyon.
- For beginner hikes, if you can walk for three to six miles with little elevation gain while carrying a daypack, you are good to go!
- Intermediate hikes will see more change in elevation and hikes will start to increase in length, hiking anywhere between four to eight miles while carrying a full daypack.
- Advanced hikes are full-day treks with steep descents and challenging switchbacks. Keep in mind that the weather in the summer can be very hot in the Grand Canyon and you’ll also be carrying a full daypack for your hiking trips, so expect a challenging day even for the most avid hikers
Here’s a list of the equipment you need to bring:
- Day pack large enough to carry all the items listed (around a 25-40L bag)
- Hiking poles — optional
- Water bottle or hydration bladder (2L capacity)
- Lightweight hiking boots or shoes
- Spare clothes for layering
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Toiletries (sunscreen, hand sanitizer, bug spray, toilet paper, etc.)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Camera — optional (but recommended)
Dress comfortably and for the weather in clothes you can move in. We suggest bringing clothing appropriate for the season. Layers are best and don’t wear jeans.
Group sizes and prices:
- For these standard tours, the usual client-to-guide ratio is 6:1, but larger groups can be accommodated with additional guides.
- Pricing is per person, and cost does not decrease as your group grows.
Min. age requirements:
- Anyone over the age of 12 can join these day-hiking tours
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 may join these day-hiking tours on a case-by-case basis
If you plan to hike with anyone under the age of 12, please contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
Most people fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, which is a two-hour drive from Flagstaff, AZ, where most people stay. Flagstaff is only a 90-minute scenic drive away from the Grand Canyon.
Your meeting location will be based on the hike you choose, but you’re likely to meet your guide outside The Grand Canyon Association Park Store at the Visitor Center at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Depending on the hike, you will then shuttle or follow in your own car to the trailhead. You can also arrange to be picked up from your hotel in Flagstaff, Williams, Tusayan, or in the Grand Canyon Village.
57hours is committed to providing safe outdoor adventure experiences. We require all guides using our platform to have a COVID-19 safety plan and to make the details of that plan accessible to travelers. In most cases, group sizes will be reduced, guides will avoid overcrowded locations, and other safety measures will be met depending on the location and activity.
We also expect clients to respect local regulations and take measures to protect themselves, guides and the communities they’re travelling to. For more information on COVID-19 measures in the Grand Canyon please refer to the Arizona Office of Tourism.
Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information. We are happy to provide you with the most up-to-date information!