1 - 5 people
Standing at 18,513 feet, Mount Elbrus is the highest peak on the European continent and one of the Seven Summits. Located in the heart of the Caucasus mountains, dividing Europe and Asia, this extinct volcano offers moderate climbing with spectacular views of one of the most rugged mountain ranges in the world.
Not your normal April backcountry ski trip
There's tons to do and see when you come on our backcountry adventure to Russia.
- Day 1: Arrive in Moscow
- Day 2: Fly to Mineralnye Vody. After the flight there will be a 4 hour private bus ride to Terskol village. You'll stay here for two nights,
- Day 3: Acclimatization hike to Cheghet Massif assisted by a chair lift up to 3000 meters. Visit local Bazar.
- Day 4: Check out of the Hotel and take 15 min bus to Elbrus cableway. Then take transport to Gara Bashi station (3700m). Once there, we'll go on a short acclimatization hike to Priut Odinnadtsatti (4050m) and return to Gara-Bashi Bachki, the mountain hotel Barrels, and spend the night.
- Day 5: Acclimatization hike to Pastukhov’s Rocks (4800m). Return to Barrels for the night.
- Day 6: Summit day! Back to Barrels for a night of well-deserved rest
- Day 7: Make the ascent to Baksan Valley and spend the night in Hotel. This is a reserve day in case of bad weather
- Day 8: Reserve day in case of bad weather
- Day 9: Time to transfer back to the airport and fly to Moscow
- Last day (Day 10): Fly home
A note on reserve days and acclimatization
Some comments about the program
- Accommodation are at hotels and mountain huts. No camping equipment is needed
- The program includes full board. Meals are at restaurants in the valley and there will be a private cook in the mountains
- There will be one English speaking Russian guide with us on the mountain
- On a summit day, depending on group size, an additional Russian guide may be added. Our normal guide to client ratio is 1:3. For example, with 4 clients there will be two guides on summit day. This gives us options in the event someone is sick or has acclimatization problems
Need to know
- 1st and last night hotel in Moscow
- All hotels and lodging in Baksan
- All huts
- All dinners and breakfast during the climb
- Trams, lifts and snow cat transport
- Private transportation and airport pick up
- Guide fees
- Liability insurance
- Permits and fees
- Group gear (including sat phone)
Not included in the price:
- Airfare to and from Russia
- Visa fees
- Alcoholic or bottled beverages
- Extra nights in hotels
- Single room supplements
- Expenses incurred in rescue or early departure
- Sat phone charges
When you book your trip, we'll send you an equipment list.