Top reasons to go sailing and kitesurfing in Sardinia and Corsica
Ideal kitesurfing conditions due to the constant mistral wind
Revel in the views of the turquoise waters and white, sandy beaches
Master the basics of sailing navigation and develop your existing kitesurfing skills
Known for the aquamarine-hued sea, verdant vegetation, and sun-drenched beaches, Corsica and Sardinia are among the most gorgeous destinations in the Mediterranean. Since the two islands are separated by less than 10 miles and boast epic kitesurfing opportunities, water sport lovers are usually on the fence about which one to choose. Luckily, you’ll get to visit both! Head on a week-long sailing and kitesurfing camp on board a comfy catamaran, learn about route planning, anchoring, mooring, and safety on board, and master some new tricks such as toeside, downloop, jibe, hooked jumps with rotations, and more. Your expert guide will show you both secluded spots and some more popular areas like the world-famous Porto Pollo on Sardinia’s north coast, the La Maddalena area, the Strait of Bonifacio, and many others. Let the constant mistral wind propel you into an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the Mediterranean and watch your kitesurfing skills improve in no time!
May through June and September through October
Your adventure begins in Cannigione, Sardinia, Italy
Intermediate to advanced
Choose how you spend your days
Sailing and Kitesurfing Camp in Sardinia and Corsica
Make your way to the heart of the Mediterranean and work on your sailing navigation and kitesurfing skills on this week-long camp! Let your guide find perfect spots for kitesurfing and take advantage of the reliable mistral wind to reach a whole new level. Soak up your beautiful surroundings and enjoy the views of sunny beaches and the crystal clear water as you visit Porto Pollo, Strait of Bonifacio, the Tavolara and La Maddalena areas, South Corsica, and more!
Private Sailing and Kitesurfing Camp in Sardinia and Corsica–Entire Catamaran
Head to the beautiful islands of Sardinia and Corsica and push your kitesurfing skills to a new level as you sail over the aquamarine-hued sea around these islands. Let your guide teach you the basics of sailing navigation as well and have fun while kitesurfing in the Tavolara and La Maddalena areas, Porto Pollo, South Corsica, Strait of Bonifacio, and other hidden gems in the area. You and your group will have the entire catamaran to yourselves.
During this week-long camp, your instructors will cover the following topics:
- IKO safety standards and procedures
- Different techniques on how to launch and land from a sailing boat
- How to define a spot to be able to anchor and kite from the boat
- Self-launching, self-landing, self-rescue
- Safety procedures to manage unconventional spots like onshore, offshore and tiny beaches
- How to plan and run a downwind in open sea
- Safety procedures to rescue a kiter by the catamaran in open sea
- Effective upwind body drag in very low or strong wind
Meet your guides
The Action Cruise
The Action Cruise
Amazing crew, spectacular spots (wave/flat/no one else in the water, incredible colors), awesome atmosphere, great boat, great food.. it’s such an experience. Great professionalism mixed with great people. It’s a tightly-run ship, Fede and Giulio know what they’re doing. I felt very safe kiting & sailing, including in rough sea. It’s a great opportunity to improve your kiting skills in different set-ups. And I had so much fun. And I ate so well thanks to Jordane. I come out of the cruise reloaded for months. Recommend 100% !!!
Second year enjoying the Action cruise and my feedback is more than positive! Very professional crew, super chef on board, they make you feel at home and make a big effort to let you spend most of the time in the water kiting! They know beautiful and secret spot where is possible to kite alone! I will definitely recommend this experience! Thanks Fede, Giulio and Jordane for being always so kind with us!
Things to know
Covid measures in Sardinia, Italy and Corsica, France
57hours is committed to providing safe outdoor adventure experiences. We require all guides using our platform to have a COVID-19 safety plan and to make the details of that plan accessible to travelers. In most cases, group sizes will be reduced, guides will avoid overcrowded locations, and other safety measures will be met depending on the location and activity.
We also expect clients to respect local regulations and take measures to protect themselves, guides and the communities they’re travelling to. For more information on COVID-19 measures in Sardinia, Italy and Corsica, France, please refer to Italy’s Ministry of Health Website, Italian National Tourist Board Website, and France Diplomacy’s advice for travelers and foreign nationals.
Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information. We are happy to provide you with the most up-to-date information!
What you get on this adventure:
- Experienced, professional IKO instructors and crew members managing sailing and kiting activities and food
- 7-day sailing and kitesurfing camp with coaching and training
- Accommodations on board a catamaran
- Spot guidance and rescue
- Photos and videos (to improve kiting level through media analysis)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner throughout the camp
- Wakefoil and wakeboard on light wind days
- Tender for rescue and assistance
- The Action Cruise annual membership
What’s not included:
- 1-2 dinners on land
- Alcoholic beverages
- Technical kitesurfing gear (can be rented from your guide)
NOTE: Private kiting lessons for beginners, intermediate, and advanced kiters, as well as the North KB 2022 kite gear can be demanded and purchased on request. The Assistance Plus package is for independent riders who need help to start from onshore beaches or to come back to offshore beaches, or who want to feel safer during days with demanding conditions or in technical spots. It consists of 3 lifts per day.
How fit do I need to be?
The only thing your instructor will expect from you is that you know how to swim, but of course, being in good shape helps. Strength isn’t a necessary component to successful kiteboarding; it’s all about the technique.
What if I’ve never kiteboarded before?
In order to participate in this sail and kite camp in Sardinia and Corsica, you need to be an intermediate or advanced kitesurfer. You are expected to be able to ride upwind consistently in all wind conditions, control the kite on land, body drag upwind, relaunch the kite from the water, body drag to your lost board, and self-land the kite with chicken loop quick release.
NOTE: If you’re not comfortable with these skills, you must declare your ability and take a leson for beginners or the Assistance Plus package during the camp.
Even though this camp is for intermediate and advanced kitesurfers, 1 beginner can join as well. The lessons for beginners are carried out by IKO instructors and the student is assisted and followed by a tender (safety boat) with radio communication. The lessons last for a maximum of 1h per day. More lessons for beginners are possible in case of groups of kiters requesting a camp with the entire catamaran. If you have a beginner in your team, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
What about required equipment?
The complete kite gear set (kite set, bar, twintip board, and harness) can be rented from your guiding service for an additional fee on request and is available only for experienced kiters.
When it comes to the equipment you need to bring, here’s what you’ll need:
- Day pack large enough to carry all the items listed
- Water bottle
- Clothing for 7 days
- Food you can eat on-the-go
- Toiletries (sunscreen, bug spray, toilet paper, etc.)
- Camera — optional
Wetsuit and booties can be rented for an additional fee. Let us know if you need this gear as it is mandatory equipment for the camp.
Can I rent equipment?
You can rent complete gear (kite set, bar, twin-tip board, harness) from your guide for $440 for the duration of the camp. You can also rent separate equipment:
- Twintip board for $170/camp
- Surfboard for $225/camp
- Foil board for $275/camp
- Kite set for $330/camp
- One kite size for $170/camp
- One kite size/day for $60
Gear is available only for experienced kiters. Damages or loss will be charged (reparation costs + devalue). Gear insurance is available on request, but it does not cover loss of the gear. If you need to rent gear, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
Group sizes, cabins, and age requirements
Group sizes and prices:
- The max. number of participants for the sailing and kitesurfing camp is 7 for group tours and 8 for private tours.
- The cabins on offer (single cabin, double cabin shared with another kiter, or a double dedicated cabin) can be selected according to availability. The tour price is based on a Shared Double Cabin.
- Cost is per person.
- If joining alone, you’ll be placed with peers that share a similar level of experience.
There are three available cabin sizes:
- Small Single cabin — $1,800 per person
- Shared Double Cabin (double occupancy) — $2,100 per person
- Dedicated Double Cabin — $4,100 per person
As for the Small Single Cabin, keep in mind the following:
- It is well ventilated with 2 windows and has a little shelter to store personal items and clothes
- It doesn’t have a private bathroom, you will share the toilet of the crew’s or other kiters’ cabin
- The access is only from the external deck throughout the hatch on the bow of the boat
- The cabin has no floor, when you will enter you will step in directly on the mattress
- There is very little space to store clothes, you will have to keep them partly in the small cabin partly in a small bag in the living area
If you would like to be placed in a Single Small or Dedicated Double Cabin, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
Min. age requirements:
- If you are older than 18, you’re good to go.
- While there is not necessarily a minimum age to kiteboard, there are minimum requirements, such as height and weight. Prior to booking, let us know the youngest ages in your party and we will let you know if it’s safe for them to get on the water.
If your group has minors under the age of 18, contact us prior to booking to make arrangements.
Deposits and cancellation policy
If you wish to secure your place on a group tour, a 50% deposit to secure your place is due upon the confirmation of your booking. The remaining 50% is paid 90 days prior to the trip.
If you wish to secure a private tour with a group of max. 7-8 kiters and request this camp with the entire catamaran, a 30% deposit to secure your place is due upon the confirmation of your booking, 20% before March 1st, and the remaining 50% 60 days before the trip.
Once the trip is confirmed by the guide, the cancellation policy stated below applies. This policy applies to any reason of cancellation by the member including Covid positivity or illness:
- If you cancel 120 days before the date of beginning of the camp, you’ll get a refund of 90% of the amount paid
- Between 120 days and 75 days before the date of beginning of the camp, you’ll get a refund of the 50% of the amount paid
- After 75 days before the date of beginning of the camp, the refund is not possible
- The Action Cruise will make a reasonable effort to find a substitute member and provide a partial refund voucher. The amount of the voucher is established by The Action Cruise. No voucher will be given if your guiding service is unsuccessful in finding a substitute kiter.
- A voucher in the value of the amount paid will be provided in case the guide has to cancel the entire Kite and Sail Camp Sardinia & Corsica 2022, due to impossibility to enter Italy and perform activities due to restrictive measures imposed by Italy as a consequence of Covid-19 epidemic
- The voucher is not provided if impossibility and cancellation occur after May 10 for periods May 15 – May 21; May 22-28; May 29-June 4, 2022 or September 20 for periods September 25-October 1 or October 2-8, 2022.
Getting there and meeting location
To get to your meeting point in Cannigione, Olbia in Sardinia, most people fly into Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB) about 35 minutes away from Cannigione. From there, you can rent a car, or take a bus or taxi to get to Cannigione.
Once you and your guide agree on the details of your itinerary, you will meet your guide in Cannigione in Sardinia at a predetermined location, where your sailing and kitesurfing camp will start. The catamaran will depart from Cannigione after the first briefing and when you check in at 9.30 am. On the last day, you’ll check out between 9 am and 10 am, and the catamaran will arrive in the marina either the evening before the last day or the morning of the last day.