1 – 6 people
Spend a day climbing the Manchester Wall
Check out the Manchester Wall in Richmond, VA! It offers climbs on granite bridge abutments and it’s great for first time climbers and rappelers. There’s also a beautiful view of downtown and the James River.
This day of climbing is yours to customize. Let your guide know if you have specific objectives in mind or want to focus on certain techniques. Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the wall. Your guide will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect day of climbing.
This is a perfect spot for discovering the beauty of climbing outside and making the transition from climbing in the gym.
Here are some objectives to consider
- The basics of safety in climbing and how to use ropes, knots and harnesses
- The development of efficient climbing techniques and body positions
- The fundamentals of anchors, belaying and rappelling
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the wall (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm to 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip
Things you need to know
What you get in this adventure:
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)