1 - 6 people
The New River Gorge. Thousands of options and miles and miles of cliff line.
This program is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind, climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Our staff and guides will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
How about Bubba City or Endless Wall? Some prefer to get Four Sheets to the Wind with Party in My Mind! Routes at the New River Gorge can involve a short approach to drop top ropes or a longer approach and with a ladder descent, like into the famous Endless Wall. Our guides can help you experience any aspect of climbing you want!
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
New to rock climbing? Check out Introduction to Rock Climbing at New River Gorge.
After your day of customized climbing you'll
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm - 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
Need to know
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)