from $370 for 1:1
1 - 3 people
Go to Nevada and learn to climb at Red Rock, located just minutes from all the bright lights of Las Vegas. With great climbing for all seasons, its awesome sandstone makes it a perfect beginner destination. Hit the crags before you hit the slots!
Go to Vegas and climb outside!
Curious about rock climbing, or looking to try something new? This course is for people with little or no climbing experience! Not only will you learn about tying into a climbing rope, belaying, and rappelling, you’ll also practice being a climbing partner to your guide and fellow course participants.
Looking for something more specialized? Check out Custom Climbing at Red Rock.
None whatsoever. No climbing experience necessary.
What you'll learn while rock climbing
Your day of climbing begins with detailed instruction about climbing gear and safety. Next, we'll work on basic body positioning and climbing techniques. After we go over the foundations of rock climbing, you'll have plenty of time to practice what you learn on the crags. You'll learn:
- The basics of safety in climbing
- How to use ropes, knots and harnesses
- Development of efficient climbing techniques and body positions
- The fundamentals of anchors, belaying and rappelling
After this class you’ll
- Be confident when you tackle your next climb
- Understand all the challenges any climber can face after a day spent on the rocks
- Love the view on your way to the top!
- 8:30am: Meet your guide and the guide's recommended location
- 9:30am: Gear up and carpool to the cliffs
- 10:00am: Spend the day learning and rock climbing
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (bring snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:00pm - Continue to learn and climb!
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and head home!
Need to know
- All permits and climbing related fees
- All technical climbing gear like ropes, harnesses...you name it.
What to bring?
- 2 liters of water, snacks and lunch
- Hiking shoes or sneakers
- Daypack large enough to carry water, food and extra layers
What to wear?
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring your usual athletic clothes