1 – 5 people
Price upon inquiry
Tour some deep powder in Japan!
You’ve seen it in movies and in photos: Japan’s legendary cold smoke powder! Hokkaido is home to the finest deep powder skiing in the world, wrapped up in a truly unique cultural experience. Grab the fattest touring skis or the widest split board you can find and go on an Epic Japow Ski Safari!
About the skiing…
It snows pretty much every day here, day after day! And this daily accumulation of snow is deeper than what many popular ski areas see in a week. But what’s really amazing is the quality, we’re talking cold blower pow! So if you love undulating terrain, widely spaced deciduous trees, beautiful landscapes and consistent snowfall day-in and day-out then this is the trip for you.
And the culture you’ll love
Half the fun of a Japanese ski holiday is checking out the local culture and the local food. Sushi, ramen, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, omo-rice may not mean much to you now, but soon they’ll become favorites! No foreign vacation is complete without sampling some of the local beer and spirits. Japan’s famous for its amazing single malts and sake. There’s a booming craft beer scene that must be sampled too. It doesn’t matter if you’re a foodie, a connoisseur or an avid skier just looking for some filling food at the end of a big day of skiing, you’ll be more than happy with the local offerings.
Here’s your itinerary
- Day 1: Your guides will pick everyone up at the airport in Sapporo and then drive to Asahikawa
- Days 2 and 3: Ski the Asahikawa Area
- Days 4 to 7: Ski Tokachidake Area
- Last Day: Have breakfast and then we’ll take you back to Sapporo
And…the fine print
- Final payment is due December 1st
- Trips include a 5% GST
- Your guides highly recommend Travel & Medical insurance
- Participants will be required to sign a Waiver
Need to know
- 6 Days of skiing
- 2 ACMG Certified Guides
- Ground Transportation
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- Onsen entrance (hot pools)
- Lift tickets (if required)
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Black Sheep JAPOW hat
What's not included
- Flights to and from Sapporo
- Personal ski & safety equipment (transceiver, probe & shovel, etc.)