1 - 6 people
Explore great climbing in Virginia!
Come climb the Blue Ridge Mountains in beautiful Virginia! The Blue Ridge Parkway has plenty to offer beginners and advanced climbers alike with climbs ranging from low angle slabs to vertical and overhung walls.
This program is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind, climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Our staff and guides will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
- Get to know Happy Cracks AND Unhappy Cracks. New to the area? Slabtastic will make you Green with Envy
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
After your day of customized climbing you'll
- Be more confident climbing that next route
- Place protection and build anchors
- Become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
New to rock climbing? Check out the Introduction to Rock Climbing in Wintergreen class.
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm - 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
Need to know
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)