1 - 4 people
Spend a day climbing the Manchester Wall!
Come check out the Manchester Wall in Richmond, VA! It offers climbs on granite bridge abutments and it's great for first time climbers and rappellers. There's also a beautiful view of downtown and the James River.
This rock climbing program is yours to customize. Do you have had specific objectives in mind, climbing with a specific focus? Or maybe you’d like to learn some advanced techniques? Partner with the best and create your ideal day on the rocks. Your guide will discuss your goals with you and help you plan the perfect climb.
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
- Work on short roping skills
Here’s what your day could look like
- 8:30am: Meet your guide at your predetermined location
- 9:00am: Carpool to the chosen approach
- 9:30am: Gear up and tackle your new skills
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm - 5:00pm: Climb 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Call it a day and plan your next trip!
After your day of customized climbing you will
- Be more confident climbing outdoors
- Place protection and build anchors, become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette
- Be able to transition from indoor to outdoor challenges with greater ease
- Feel more comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Need to know
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (bring your own if you like)