1 - 4 people
Tame the beast and climb the Dacks!
The enormity of the Adirondacks is one of its greatest assets. The Adirondacks Region is bigger than Vermont! Yup. Due to its sheer size there are ample opportunities for limitless climbs and adventures. Climb the classics or spend the day developing and refining specific skills of your choice. This program is yours to customize. Let a guide help you make the most of your day.
There's lots of objectives to choose from
- Visit Mr. Clean on the way to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Or you can really Turbocharge that Tequila Mockingbird and see how you feel afterwards!
- Develop face, slab and crack climbing techniques
- Focus on fundamentals like belaying a lead climber, anchors, knots, lowering and rappelling
- Learn to lead traditional multi-pitch routes
After your day of customized climbing you'll
- Be more comfortable climbing outdoors
- Be able to place protection and build anchors
- Become familiar with best practices and climbing etiquette at the Dacks
- Feel comfortable navigating route selection and route management
Here’s a typical day of climbing
- 9:00am: Meet your guide at The Mountaineer in Keene Valley, check gear
- 9:30am: Carpool to the chosen approach at the Dacks
- 10:00am: Gear up and tackle your goals
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cliff (bring lunch, snacks and plenty of water)
- 1:30pm - 5:00pm: Climb another 1-2 routes depending on speed and comfort level
- 5:00pm: Return to Keene Valley
New to rock climbing? Check out the Introduction to Rock Climbing at the Dacks class.
Need to know
- All permits and climbing fees
- All technical climbing gear (if you prefer, feel free to bring your own)