1 - 4 people
Spend a day backcountry skiing and splitboarding in beautiful Colorado, and explore Hoosier Pass or Monarch Pass!
Take in some amazing skiing and gorgeous scenery
Skip the crowds and forget the expensive resort lunches! Get into the beautiful backcountry instead. Discover guided skiing off the groomed trails and learn how to access beautiful backcountry terrain. You're in control of your ascent and descent. No lift lines needed for this one!
What should I expect while skiing the backcountry?
- You'll review avalanche rescue and assess backcountry risks
- Get an understand the basics of tour planning, implementation and gear
- Develop better group communication skills
- How to select optimal terrain for safety and good turns
- The particulars of track setting and pacing
Your guide recommends skiers have an intermediate skiing ability.
Here's some of the locations for skiing
- Monarch Pass near Salida, CO
- Hoosier Pass near Breckenridge, CO
- Glen Cove on Pikes Peak (spring season)
- Crags and Devil's Playground on Pikes Peak (spring season)
Need to know
- Guiding fees
What to wear/bring
When you book your adventure, your guide will contact you with an equipment list